Friday, December 27, 2013

Acronyms in K-dramaland


This is your essential guide to ALL acronyms that you shall inevitably come across, at some point of time, in K-dramaland.
  1.  OTP: One True Pairing (the whole drama revolves around them)
  2. OST: Original Sound Track
  3. BGM: BackGround Music
  4. MV: Music Video
  5. CF: Commercial Film (a TV advertisement)
  6. HK: Hong Kong
  7. JPN: Japan
  8. KRW: South Korean Won (the currency of South Korea)
  9. PD: Producing Director
  10. BOF/BBF: Boys Over Flowers/ Boys Before Flowers (perhaps, the most popular drama to come out of Kdramaland. Most people begin their journey of K-dramas with this drama)
  11. NG: Not Good/No Good (used during film productions and usually refers to a retake)
I shall continue to update this list as and when I come across new acronyms (Hey! Give me a break! I only recently began watching K-dramas; I have a looooong way to go.)

No comments:

Post a Comment